Transition Year Finance
Sign up for our Money Matters Newsletter below!
Money Matters is a new and ready-to-go learning package for Transition Year Finance.
Money Matters is a new and ready-to-go learning package offering an opportunity for Transition Year students to learn fundamental life skills relating to financial literacy.
Money Matters will help students to learn about saving, investing, enterprise and general money management.
Written by Susan Hayes Culleton, who also co-wrote the bestselling Positive Economics for Leaving Certificate Economics, Money Matters is proudly sponsored by CFA Society Ireland.
The package includes:
● Free teacher textbook
● Teacher e-book
● FREE teacher digital resources
● Structured according to three strands – enterprise, personal finance and investing – so that the module can be shaped by the teacher and the students’ interests
● Designed to suit all types of learners, from visual to logical to active
● Packed with exercises for active learning in the classroom
● Nestles concepts in real-life case studies for better
understanding and application to the real world
● Offers five types of activities to develop key skills: numeracy, oracy, research, visual and writing
● Introduces exciting, complex subjects such as the stock market in an accessible way
● Linked to concepts in the Leaving Certificate Economics, Business and Accounting curricula
● Contains a question on journaling and reflective thought at the end of each chapter
● Includes insights into careers and the skills sought out in today’s workplace
● Accompanied by extra activities and online tools for further investigation and suggests many free technology tools for homework or in-class projects